Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Art as Prayer

Here are some more WIP Progress pictures of the Virgen de la Alta Gracia. As I paint or sculpt, sometimes I feel that I am being guided by something bigger than I am. As I am painting this particular image, I look forward to sitting at my easel. Seeing the beauty of it all coming slowly together with each brush stroke I can feel a peace that comes into my heart. I almost feel like something heavenly takes hold of my hands and guides me to the right angle or right stroke or right color. Before I know it, I am feeling euphoric and peace-filled. I guess what I am trying to say, is that for me Art is like praying. It fills me when I am empty.




 
The crown is one of my favorite parts of the image!!




 
Stay tuned for further progress pics @(^_^)@

No comments:

Post a Comment