Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Armature Process

Getting Ready for the Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Weekend in Philadelphia. I have been experimenting with a new Armature. I probably shouldn't be experimenting before this show but it is helping me to be a better artist. I am experiencing the stretching in me as an artist and it's making me learn what works for me and what does not. I have been doing a lot of research and came up with my own way of mapping out the skeletal system in this armature. I know it doesn't need to be this complicated but I find it useful in helping me map out the skeletal form. Here are a few images of my process.

I started with a sketch of my doll and worked on making a jig, I decided to make only one side on the board. I just did my left side and then right side. The bodice I just folded the galvanized wiring in half.

After the jig, I joined the armature together with white floral tape at the spine first and then attached the bodice. I filled in the rib cage cavity and the legs with aluminum foil.

Happy Sculpting!!!