Thursday, February 25, 2016

Being Brave!!!

2016 rang in with me wanting to be braver than ever before as an artist. I want to share with you my journey getting ready for the Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Weekend Event hosted by the Quinlan Museum at the Clarion Hotel in Philadelphia, Pa. This will be my very first show ever, so I am very nervous and anxious.





Let me tell you about this event, I attend every year as a gawker (lol) just to see the amazing Doll artist and their amazing work. I always come away from the show INSPIRED!!! To see some of the detail these artist put into their creations is just so inspiring. It makes you want to go home and create!!!This event offers collectors and artist Doll and Teddy Bear Making workshops, Gallery showings, a Market Place, raffles as well banquets. Like I said it's an amazing event. It's a 3 day event and I hear it's a unique experience.

I would attend on the day this event was open to the public for artist to sell their Art Dolls or Teddy Bears. I would always look forward to attending because I got to see the creations of other Doll/Teddy Bear Artist up close. I also got to speak with fellow artist who are always so generous with their knowledge. It is an excellent show, Susan and Terry Quinlan do a wonderful job of hosting it. I was always encouraged by fellow artist to participate but my response usually was "Maybe next year I will do it" which turned into a long explanation why I couldn't find the time. Whether it be financial or personal reasons, something would always come up. But this year I decided that I would do what was necessary to attend. So here I am trying to gather myself to embark on a new journey. Come along with me as I chronicle my journey.

To find out more about this Amazing event here is the link to the Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Weekend Event http://www.quinlanmuseum.com/convention.html.

To be continued!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations my friend! Very happy for you and proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming on this journey ...but take lots of pictures !! I'm so excited for your Amazng Creativity to Let loose!!!

    ReplyDelete